Dexter Fowler (Reneges)

TheBee

I just felt the Orioles pursuit of Dexter need a place for updates or news now that the other threads were locked.

I will start with Heyman's last post.

34m34 minutes ago

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman

Orioles have fowler on radar as is known but are looking at a variety of players, including pedro alvarez

Is that a sign of trouble in the Fowler negotiations, posturing, or in addition to Fowler?

I hope it isn't a sign of distance or difficulty in the Fowler negotiations,

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just felt the Orioles pursuit of Dexter need a place for updates or news now that the other threads were locked.

34m34 minutes ago

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman

Orioles have fowler on radar as is known but are looking at a variety of players, including pedro alvarez

Is that a sign of trouble in the Fowler negotiations, posturing, or in addition to Fowler?

It sounded like yesterday Gallardo was going to Chicago and then poof!, he signs.

Sounds like posturing to me. He is the perfect fit.

It sounded like yesterday Gallardo was going to Chicago and then poof!, he signs.

Sounds like posturing to me. He is the perfect fit.

I also think he is a perfect fit. I was just hoping we were past posturing and close to finalizing.

34m34 minutes ago

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman

I hope not. Pedro is not near as good as Fowler. IMO

I hope not. Pedro is not near as good as Fowler. IMO

Fowler fits our needs better. As time ticks by with no new news, then a tweet like this from the guy who announced the Gallardo deal, and a tease about him having White Sox info, and the Bee worries.

Is it possible that the O's already have deal terms agreed upon with Fowler, but they don't want to announce anything until Gallardo is official, just to ensure that we lose our first draft pick for Gallardo and second pick for Fowler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fowler is me the guy you gotta get now as long as the money isn't crazy. He fits at the top of the order, could cover some great ground in left field and fill in for Jones in center when he needs a day off. I'd like to get for three years if possible since we have to give up the pick, but i really think he's the final piece for this team to be a real contender if the rotation bounces back.

Roch was just asked about the Heyman tweet and responded, "that's what I've been writing. Again last night.'

I didn't remember Roch mentioning Alvarez, but I could've missed it. Roch's gut feeling last night was we sign Fowler. I hope we do.

Is it possible that the O's already have deal terms agreed upon with Fowler, but they don't want to announce anything until Gallardo is official, just to ensure that we lose our first draft pick for Gallardo and second pick for Fowler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That and they could be working out a small trade for the two players that we would have to DFA for them. Our 40 man roster is pretty solid right now.

Archived